Thursday, November 11, 2010

Confession #11 - Fruit


La la la la la ........


FRUIT!

Glorious fruit.

Confession: Fruit is my favorite food.

Sweet, crisp, juicy fruit.

Cold grapes from the refrigerator....



Strawberries sprinkled with sugar....



Bananas sliced in a bowl with a little brown sugar and milk....



Hey, because -



:o)

Wild blueberries (aka: "power pellets") on a long walk as a kid through the forest at my grandmother's cottage in Nova Scotia....



Cool, crisp, refreshing watermelon on a hot summer's day....



Feeding my two-year-old daughter tiny clementine slices while she dances around my feet....



Sweet, ripe pineapple....



My first bite of a star fruit as a kid....
(Kind of like a cross between an apple and a tart strawberry.)



Remembering my mouth going numb after eating my first few kiwis....



Sweet white summer peaches....



Honeycrisp apples....



Fruit has the best memories.

.....

Except honeydew and cantaloupe.



And other random melons.



Blechhhk.

Nobody likes melon.



But still -



Mmm, mmm fruit.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!!!! i thought i was the only one who HATED melon. It is gross! I knew i liked you. :D

    ReplyDelete